- 10 – 12 Baby Potatoes
- 8 – 10 Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds/Jeera
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tsp Chaat Masala (Everest)
- 1/2 Tsp Mint Powder/Pudina
- 1/2 Tsp Rock Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Salt (Tata Lite)
- 1-2 Tsp Cooking Oil (Safola)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (Amul)
- Green Chutney
- Tamarind Chutney
- Curd (Id)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Wash 10-12 baby potatoes thoroughly and put them to boil with their skin.
- Immediately get the potatoes out from the cooker after releasing its pressure to keep them firm. (Be sure not to over boil them).
- Cool it and press it between the palms to get a cutlet/tikki shape.
- To make a chatpata masala: lightly roast 8-10 Black pepper, 1 tsp Cumin seeds, 4 Cloves, 1 tsp Coriander seeds. Grind it into a powder and to that mix 1 tsp Chaat masala, ½ tsp Salt, ½ tsp Rock-salt and ½ tsp Mint powder.
- Preferably heat a Cast-iron pan while any other pan would work too; and add 1 tsp Cooking oil and some butter.
- Place the cutlets/tikki and roast it on both the sides till the potato skin becomes dark and crispy. Sprinkle some prepared masala.
- Plate the roasted cutlets/tikki and sprinkle some curd, green chutney, tamarind chutney, pomegranate and some prepared masala.
- Enjoy this delicious Aloo Chaat.