- 250 Grams Chana Dal (Split Chickpeas)
- 1 Kairi (Raw Mango)
- 2-3 Dark Green Chillies
- Fresh Kadhi Patta (Curry Leaves)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Rai (Mustard Seeds)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 1/4 Tablespoon Haldi (Turmeric)
- 1/4 Tablespoon Hing Powder (Asafoetida)
- Salt and Sugar
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Soak the chana daal overnight.
- Check the taste of kairi. It shouldn’t be too sour.
- Peel kairi and grate it. Remove the gutli (seed).
- In a mixer, blend soaked daal, chillies, grated kairi. Keep it medium coarse. Do not make a fine paste.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl, add salt and sugar according to your taste (it must not be too sweet).
- In a pan, add one tablespoon oil, curry leaves, rai, jeera, haldi (for colour) and hing for tempering. Add the mixture in the pan. Do not add water. Mix everything and then cover it with a lid for 4-5 minutes. Make sure it does not stick below.