- Serves 4
- 750 ml Full fat milk
- 2 Tbsp Jaggery
- 2 Tbsp Amul Mithai Mate
- 10-12 Almonds
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 4 Red apples
Prep: 10 Minutes
Cooking: 5 Minutes
- Bring the milk to a boil in a pan and let it simmer on low heat. Add the condensed milk and sprinkle the cardamom powder. Let the milk continue to thicken.
- When the milk has reduced to half of the original quantity, remove from flame and cool to room temperature. While the milk is cooling, peel the apples and roughly chop them.
- Also thinly slice the almonds. Add the chopped apples to a hot pan. Add jaggery and cinnamon powder to the apples. Let them cook on low flame.
- Please note that the apples will leave water on addition of the jaggery, so let the apples cook in its own juices and refrain from adding water.
- When the apples are soft in texture, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Mix the thickened milk and apples together. Ensure both are properly cooled down else the milk will curdle on adding the apples.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and serve cold.