- For the Dough
- 1020 gm of Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 165 gm of Unsalted Butter
- 7 gm of Salt
- For the Filling
- 345 gm of White Bread Croutons
- 510 gm of Unsalted Butter
- 3 ½ Kg of Cooking Apple
- 355 gm of Sugar
- 510 gm of Raisins
- 500 gm of Almond Slices
- 4 gm of Cinnamon Powder
- For the Vanilla Sauce
- 12 Egg Yolks
- 285 gm of Sugar
- 10 ml of Vanilla Essence
- 960 ml of Half and Half Or Cream
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- For the Vanilla Sauce – Bring the cream or half and half to the boiling stage and remove from the fire.
- Mix egg yolks, sugar and vanilla and add to the hot cream.
- Place cream mixture in double boiling method and keep stirring until the mixture becomes slightly thick consistency and serve hot or cold.
- For making the Apple Strudel – Place the flour, egg, soft butter and salt in a mixing bowl and by adding cold water make a smooth dough and give rest for about I hour at room temperature.
- Sauté the Croutons with a little amount of butter till it gets golden brown colour and crispy.
- Peel and core the apples, cut them in crosswise into this slice. Mix all the ingredients for the filling and set aside.
- Cover a working surface with a clean table cloth and place the rested dough on top of the floured table cloth.
- Stretch the dough by using a rolling pin and by hand as much as thin layer such as butter paper.
- Rest the dough for 2 to 3 minutes and trim the side part of the dough which is in very thick.
- Distribute the apple filling on one side of the stretched dough and sprinkle the melted butter on the rest of dough and also spread the left-over croutons.
- Roll out the dough with help of table cloth and turn it into a greased baking tray and give butter wash.
- Bake it at 190°C for about 35 minutes and let it cool. Slice it into 2½ 𝑖𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑠 wide.
- Dust icing sugar on top and serve hot or cold with Vanilla sauce or Chantilly cream and Ice Cream.