- 1 Aubergine
- 3 Tomatoes, Blanched, Skinned & Chopped
- 2 Red/Yellow Peppers, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Onions, Sliced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- A Small Bunch of Coriander, Finely Chopped
- 200 Ml Fresh Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 50-100 Grams Maida (to coat)
- Olive Oil
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- For the tomato concasse relish – Blanch tomatoes in hot water, cool in an ice bath, skin and chop into small cubes.
- Mix chopped tomatoes with half finely chopped onion, a clove of finely chopped garlic and coriander. Add freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, mix in a bowl and keep in the fridge.
- For the pepper sauce – Cook onion in a medium-hot saucepan with oil until translucent for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped pepper and cook for about 10 minutes on medium-low flame.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add fresh cream and cook for another 5-7 minutes till the cream reduces to half.
- Blend the mixture on high.
- For the aubergine toasties – Cut the aubergine lengthwise and coat in flour nicely.
- Sear on a medium-hot pan for 3 minutes each side till it’s crispy.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- For plating – Place the crispy aubergine on a plate.
- Top it with tomato relish.
- Drizzle olive oil and serve with pepper sauce.
About – A Kilo Of Kindness
#AKiloOfKindness is an initiative by From Around that aims at encouraging people to shop on www.21organic.com leading up to Diwali to raise funds for a child’s education. 100% of profits will go towards St. Catherine’s Home to help secure a child’s future. This time when you cook your favourite meal, you’d have changed someone’s world.