- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 ½ Cup Beetroot (peel the skin and chop)
- 1 Small Carrot (chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 ½ Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
Prep: 7 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Throughout the procedure, the gas should be on low flame.
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker heat oil and sauté onions and garlic for a minute. Add beetroot, carrot and salt. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Make sure the beetroot is cooked. Drain off the water, keep it aside and let the vegetables cool completely.
- Blend vegetables to a smooth puree in a mixer.
- Transfer the beetroot paste into a kadhai or pan.
- Pour the vegetable stock while cooking the puree. If required add water to adjust consistency.
- Finally, when the soup comes to a boil, add pepper powder and mix well.