- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 3-4 Tbsp Raw Sugar (or any sugar) (Conscious Foods)
- A pinch of Salt (Tata Salt)
- ½ Cup Cold Butter (grated into long strands) (Amul)
- 4-5 Tbsp Ice Water
- 100 Gms Blueberries
- A handful of Sunflower Seeds (for garnishing)
- 3 Small Basil Leaves (for garnishing)
- Corn starch (for dough correction)
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter (Amul)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes, Proofing Time: 40-60 minutes, Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes @175 Degrees.
- In a clean bowl, sieve the almond flour, salt and sugar for a fine dry mix.
- Add the cold butter and mix well with the dry ingredients until you get a sand-like mixture. You can also use a dough attachment with an electric mixer or a stand mixer.
- Once your mixture looks like loose sand, slowly add water, one tbsp at a time and bring the dough together. The dough will not be a perfect knead, it just needs to come together into a ball. If the dough is too sticky, add a tbsp of corn starch at a time. If the dough is too dry, add a tbsp cold water.
- Once the dough is formed, shape it into a disc and cover with clingfilm or place it in a greased Tupperware. Put this dough in the freezer for about 40-60 minutes. The freezer essentially helps the dough to come together and bind enough to be rolled out.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degrees.
- Roll the pastry out into a rough circle, place it on a lined baking sheet and scatter blueberries on top, leaving about 2 inches margin from the edges. Now fold the edges up over the fruit, making sure to leave a large hole over the fruit to let the steam escape.
- Before baking, brush the crust with butter. Melt some butter in a saucepan for crust wash. You can also use an egg wash. Then sprinkle some sunflower seeds (optional) or sugar.
- Bake until the crust is a deep golden-brown and the fruit is bubbly and cooked. This usually takes about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the galette with the parchment paper to a wire rack and let it cool before slicing. Garnish with basil leaves and enjoy with fresh cream or ice cream.