- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 Boiled Potato
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 Capsicum
- 1/2 Green Chili
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Coriander Bunch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Grated Cheese
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- For the chapatis – Mix wheat flour and water to make a soft and slightly sticky dough. Knead with 1 tablespoon oil and your dough is ready. Take small portions and make dough balls.
- On a rolling pin (or a flat surface), roll the dough ball into thin a chapati (flatbread). Make 4 chapatis for one serving.
- For the chutney – Blitz fresh coriander, green chili and garlic in a blender. Add salt (or lemon) to taste.
- For the toppings – Cut the boiled potato, onions, tomato and capsicum.
- For the sandwich – Spread butter and chutney on all 4 chapatis.
- To make the first layer, take 1 chapati and add some potatoes and season it with salt and pepper to taste. For the second layer, take 1 more chapati and add some tomatoes and sprinkle cheese. On the third layer, take 1 more chapati and add some onions and capsicum. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the last chapati and place it on the top. Now spread butter on it.
- Heat a pan and grease it mildly with butter. Place the stack of chapatis on the pan and let it cook on mild flame. Then flip it over to cook the other side.
- Cut it into triangle piece with a bread knife and serve!
- These chapati sandwiches can be grilled on a flat toaster too and are best served with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.