- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (Ricella)
- 1 Tsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tsp Ginger (crushed)
- 2 Dry Red Chillies (whole)
- 2 Green Chillies (slit)
- 1/4 Cup Carrots (diced into big pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Yellow & Red Bell Peppers (diced into big pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Beans (diced into big pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli (diced into big pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Zucchini (diced into big pieces)
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum
- 3-4 Baby Corn (diced into big pieces)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 10 Thai Basil Leaves (approx)
- 400 Ml Coconut Milk (preferably homemade)
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce (Chings Dark)
- 1/2 A Lime
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt to Taste
- For the Condiments or Garnishes
- 6 Cloves Garlic (cut into roundels and fried)
- 1/4 Cup Onions Barista (thinly sliced and fried till golden brown)
- 1/4 Cup Spring Onion Greens (chopped)
- 4-5 Lime Wedges
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 3 Green Chilies (chopped and optional)
- 3 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts (fried or roasted)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- In a wok, heat oil and add garlic, ginger, green chillies and saute on high flame.Then add dry red chillies and saute for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add the diced vegetables – carrots and beans go first so that they coo better than the rest. Then put in the 3 peppers, broccoli and zucchini. Boil the baby corn separately and then add it last. Saute on a high flame for a minute. Do not overcook the veggies at this stage.
- Now add a few basil leaves, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Add coconut milk on low flame and keep stirring. Put some water according to the consistency needed.
- Season with sugar, salt and soy sauce. Give it a quick boil and leave it to simmer on low flame for about 4-5 minutes. Turn the flame off and add fresh basil leaves.
- If the broth is very watery, add some besan (gram flour) towards the end to get the desired thickness and consistency.