- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Onion (sliced)
- 3 Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder
Prep: 7 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Throughout the procedure, keep the gas on low flame.
- Firstly, in a pressure cooker heat oil and sauté ginger and onions till they soften.
- Now add chopped carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- When the ginger turns aromatic, add 1½ cup water, salt and turmeric. Cover and let it cook for 3 whistles.
- Drain off the vegetable stock (in a bowl) and let it cool completely.
- Transfer the cooked carrots into the mixer and blend to a smooth puree.
- In a kadhai or pan, add the carrot puree, vegetable stock, mix and boil.
- Adjust the consistency as required by adding ½ cup water.
- Lastly, season with pepper powder and salt (if required).