- 150gm Chicken Breast Boneless (cubed)
- 1 Onion (medium & chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Stem Celery (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (large & cubed) – 1 large
- 40ml Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Refined Flour
- 60gm Butter
- 300ml Milk
- 30ml White Wine
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- A Pinch of Mix Herbs
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- In a pan, heat butter and add the flour. Cook till golden brown. Remove and set aside (this is your thickening).
- Then heat olive oil and cook off the garlic, onions and celery gradually. Once u notice them turning gold, add carrots and cook for about 3 minutes. Then deglaze with white wine.
- Now add the cubes of chicken and cook through for about 5 minutes (if needed, you can keep adding little water if you feel its sticking).
- Then add milk and let it boil through. Then add the thickening along with a handful of cheese and whisk.
- When u see the mixture thickening, switch off the flame and season as required with salt, pepper and any dried mixed herbs.
- Decant into an ovenproof Pyrex dish, top off with some more grated cheese and bake at 180 degrees Celsius until a golden-brown crust is formed (for approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool. Enjoy with a side of buttery garlic toast!