- 12oz or 340gms Packaged Chow Mein Noodles
- 1lb or 454gms Chicken Breast (small diced pieces)
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp White/Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp or 15ml Soy Sauce
- 1 Medium Carrot (julienned)
- 2 Celery Sticks (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 Cups or 150gms Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger (minced)
- For the Sauce
- 2 Tbsp or 30gms Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsp or 30ml Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chile Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp Vinegar
- 1 ½ Tsp Oil
Prep: 12 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- In a bowl, take diced or thinly-sliced chicken breast (as you like).
- Add white/black pepper, soy sauce and baking soda. Mix it all and marinate it at least 15 minutes and keep aside.
- In a vessel, add water, some salt, little oil and noodles. Let it boil until soft. Strain the water and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, oil, and chilli sauce. Keep aside.
- Take a wok heat some oil and fry the chicken till golden brown.
- In the same bowl, add the chopped carrots, celery sticks and cabbage. Sauté well. Keep aside for later.
- Now add fresh ginger-garlic, noodles, fried chicken, the sauce and mix everything. Finally, add the sautéd veggies and give it’s a nice toss. Serve hot!