- 3⁄4 Cup Gram Flour (sieved)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Onions
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1⁄4 Teaspoon Crushed Cumin Seeds/Cumin Seed Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- Oil or Ghee (as required)
- Makes 7-8 Medium Chilas
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In a bowl, add gram flour, chopped tomatoes, and onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder, and salt. Mix it well.
- Next, add water and use a beater to mix it so there are no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add ghee or oil to it on a low-medium flame. Once the oil is hot enough, use a ladle to pour the chilla batter on the pan.
- Spread it well on the pan and cook it on medium flame. Once you see bubbles on the top of the chilla, flip it on the other side and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup or coriander mint chutney.
- You can also stuff this chilla between two slices of toasted bread with coriander mint chutney smeared on the interior of the bread slices. This becomes a chilla sandwich.