- 500 Gms Chicken (with or without bones but cut into small pieces)
- 1 Egg
- 100 Gms Maida
- 3-4 Tbsp Cornflour
- 5-6 Chillies
- 2-3 Garlic
- 2 Big Onions
- 2 Medium-sized Capsicums
- Soya Sauce
- Chilli Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Salt to Taste
Prep: 120 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- To marinate the chicken, wash the pieces thoroughly, dry them and put in a bowl. Add soya sauce, cut chillies and salt. Keep for 1-2 hours for marination.
- Dice the onion and capsicum, cut ginger juliennes and chop the garlic. Also, slice as many chillies as you wish to add.
- After 2 hours, add one egg, maida and cornflour to the chicken and mix everything. Remember if the mix is very runny, then you may want to add more maida but don’t overdo or else there will excess maida covering the chicken.
- Heat oil in a deep kadhai. Make sure it is very hot before you start frying the chicken. The trick is, if you put the chicken in very hot oil, it remains moist and juicy from the inside. Remember not to burn the chicken.
- Now in another pan, heat some oil and sauté onions and capsicum. Add chillies and garlic in it next. Now put fried chicken in it and then close the lid for 5 minutes.
- In the end, add soya sauce, chilli sauce and tomato ketchup to it. Remember to add vinegar at the end, when you are serving because we cannot tear the chicken once the vinegar is added. If you do so, the chicken becomes rubbery. Enjoy your meal with bread, noodles or just like that.