- 1/4 Cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 Tbsps Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsps Rice Flour
- 1.5 Tbsp Chia Seeds (soaked in 3 tbsp water)
- 50 Gms Chocolate (I used vegan dark chocolate)
- 10 Dates
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 6 Tiny Chinese Oranges
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk (optional – I used Raavi Coconut Milk)
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- Cook quinoa with 1 ½ cup water. It will take around 15 minutes.
- Soak dates in water. They just need to be submerged in water (no extra water required).
- Soak chia seeds in water.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degree Celsius.
- In a mixing bowl, mix cooked quinoa with cocoa powder, rice flour, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Wash the oranges, grate for its zest (you need about 2 tsp) and squeeze the juice in a bowl. Add the zest to the mixture.
- Grind dates in a mixer with its water. Add coconut milk to this date pulp (optional).
- Melt 25 gms chocolate and add it to this mixture. Finely chop the rest 25 gms and add it to the mixture.
- Add date pulp, chia seeds and orange juice to the mixture and combine/fold it well.
- Grease a tin and pour the dough into it. Bake for 45 minutes and allow it to cool.
- While serving, decorate it with orange slices on top and dust a bit of choco powder over it.