- 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (soft)
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 + 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour (maida)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Flax Egg (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 1 tablespoon water, mixed and rested for 5 minutes)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with brown sugar and castor sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In the same bowl, add flour and baking soda. Mix well to combine the dry and the wet ingredients.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if the dough is too dry. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180*C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to transfer the dough into balls on the baking tray.
- Press them lightly with your fingers and place chocolate chips on top.
- Bake the cookies at 180*C for 10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are golden-brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for another 10 minutes (outside the oven) before you lift them. Your eggless chocolate chip cookies are ready!