- 1 full chicken with skin (approx.- 1kg- 1.5 kg- depending on how many people you are serving, 1 kg is good for 4 people, slit the chicken and take the backbone- this will help chicken cook easily in the oven)
- For the Wet Ingredients
- 5 Tbsp Soya Sauce (I prefer using chings soya sauce)
- 5 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (Any brand will do)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion powder
- (Note- if you don’t have garlic powder or onion powder replace with ginger garlic paste- 2 tablespoon)
- Ground black pepper- a teaspoon
- 2 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Tbsp Mustard paste
- Salt- as per taste
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 90 minutes
- For the Chicken Marination – To marinate the chicken, prepare all liquid ingredients first- add soya sauce, lime juice, olive oil and then add all dry ingredient’s- garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Wash and keep chicken in a freezer bag or a deep bowl so that the marination is spread evenly to all parts of the chicken.
- Keep the marinated chicken overnight or for 24 hours.
- Baking – Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Take the chicken out to keep the marination separate in a skillet. Take the chicken and place in the baking tray.
- Place chicken on 100 degrees for an hour in the oven. Keep opening the oven and by using a brush keep adding the marinated syrup on the chicken.
- After an hour keep the grill mode on and keep chicken in this mode for 15 minutes. This will make chicken skin very tasty.
- To prepare the sauce – Take the marination in a skillet, add butter and mustard in it and heat it for some time It will get reduced. Serve this along with the chicken.
- Plating- you must plate it on a wooden plate along with some salad and bread. It makes the evening perfect.