- For the Dough
- 1 Tsp Yeast
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Warm)
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¾ To 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- For the Filling
- Any Kind Of Jam Or Spread Like The Yoga Bar Dark Chocolate Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Mix warm milk, sugar and yeast and set aside till foaming.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, egg, salt, yeast mixture and about a third of the flour mixture till smooth, using the paddle attachment.
- Add another third of the flour and continue mixing.
- Change to the dough hook and add the remaining flour, a little by little, kneading on medium speed till a soft dough is formed.
- Set dough aside in a well-greased bowl, covered, until double in size.
- Punch down dough and roll out into a rectangle. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Spread the filling of your choice on the rectangular dough and sprinkle brown sugar all over it.
- Roll into a log. Curve the ends of the log to meet to form a circle and pinch the ends together.
- Use scissors to make cuts all along the outer edge of the circle making sure not to go all the way through. Twist alternate slices to the inside, forming a wreath. Rest for 20 mins.
- Brush with lightly beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 375F for around 22-25 mins
- Dust with powdered sugar after cooling for 10 mins.