- 1/2 Cup Butter(Cold, Cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Fine/Caster Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Few Drops Green Food Colour And Red Sprinkles For Decorations (I Used Wheat Crispy Cereal, Coloured Red)
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk Only If Necessary
Prep: 35 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Cream butter and sugar till just combined. Add vanilla and combine lightly. Add flour slowly and mix till combined.
- Add a few drops of green food colour. Combine everything to a moist mixture. Do not knead.
- Add a spoon of milk only if the mixture seems dry and crumbly.
- Fill the mixture into a piping bag with a wide star nozzle, or you can use a cookie press. I used a chakli press.
- On a baking tray, lined with parchment, pipe circles to form wreaths, depending on the thickness of the nozzle tip. I made double circles as my tip was narrow.
- Add sprinkles to decorate.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 to 30 mins to help firm the butter and prevent the cookies spreading as they heat.
- Bake for 5 to 8 mins, till just golden at edges, depending on the thickness of cookies. They will be slightly soft and harden as they cool. Allow to cool and set before lifting them.