- 12 Bombils (Bombay Duck)
- Rice Flour (for coating)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar
- Oil (for cooking)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Wash, cut & flatten the bombils (Bombay Ducks)
- Salt the fish and press between two plates. Keep it standing to drain out all the excess water.
- Marinate with 3 tablespoons chilli powder, 2 tablespoons turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons vinegar.
- To fry, coat the bombils in rice flour and shallow fry in hot oil. Do not turn the fish unless fried fully or it will break.