- 3 Bunches of Spinach (Palak)
- 200 Grams Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 Chopped Tomato (medium)
- 1 Chopped Onion (medium)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- Powdered Masalas
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhaniya)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Suhana Butter Chicken Masala (optional)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Thoroughly wash and clean the spinach 4-5 times (or until there is no mud in the water).
- Next, boil water in a big pot and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Now add spinach to blanch. Once done, transfer the blanched spinach to freezer cold water. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes and drain the water out.
- To make the puree, put the blanched spinach into a blender and blitz for a velvety texture.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pot and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves. When they start to crackle, add minced garlic, chopped onion and sauté till soft and golden.
- Add tomatoes and sauté till soft. Then add the spinach puree and stir.
- Add all the powdered masalas (cumin, coriander, red chili, turmeric, garam masala powder) and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice cottage cheese into small cubes (you can fry the cubes too) and garnish before serving.