- 500 Gms Chicken (Medium Sized Pieces with Or Without Bones)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (I Used Dabur Homemade) Or Desiccated Coconut Soaked in Warm Water and Blitzed
- 2 Tbsp Regular Curd (Beaten for About A Minute)
- 2 Medium Sized Onion (Thinly Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Green Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp of White Oil, And 1 Tbsp More of Ghee
- Whole Spice (3 Cloves, 3 Green Cardamom, A Stick of Cinnamon, 2 Bay Leaf)
- Two Hard Boiled Eggs (Optional)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Clean the chicken and set aside. There is no need to marinate the meat.
- In a kadhai, heat one tablespoon white oil along with a tablespoon of ghee. When hot, add your whole spices.
- When the masala starts spluttering, add onion and keep frying. Keep the flame medium so that onion becomes translucent but not brown. You have to be patient and let the magic happen.
- Add ginger, garlic and chilli paste. After a while add chicken to the pan.
- When the chicken is starts browning, add beaten curd and mix well. Now add salt, sugar and coconut milk.
- Add half cup water, mix well and put a well-fitted lid to cook the chicken in low flame.
- After 10 minutes take off the lid and check to see if the chicken is done.
- You may also add boiled eggs at this point. Adjust salt and sugar.
- The texture should be white, creamy and slightly sweet. Serve hot with rice!