- 4 Chicken Breasts (halved into two thin slices each)
- 1-2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups Mushrooms or 250 grams (sliced)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1½ Cups Cream
- Salt and Pepper to Taster
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Season chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper then place in the frying pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan then add the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown all over.
- Add the garlic and herbs and allow to cook for 30 seconds before adding the cream.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and allow to come to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes then add the chicken breasts back to the sauce. Simmer for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and can coat the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle over chopped parsley (optional) and serve.