- 1 Cup Chana Dal (soaked for 6 hours)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 – 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds (optional)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Oil (for deep frying)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Drain all the water from the soaked dal. Add this soaked dal, ginger, green and red chillies, fennel seeds to a mixer and blend into a coarse paste. If the mixture is too dry, add 2 to 3 tbsps of water.
- Empty the paste in a mixing bowl, add finely chopped coriander, curry leaves, onion, finely chopped garlic and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Take small portions of the mixture and make them into flat circular discs.
- Drop them into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh mint chutney.