- Serves 6
- Ingredients For Chocolate Cake
- 1 Cup Maida
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (Good Quality)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (Powdered)
- 1/4th Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4th Tsp Baking Soda
- 200 Gms Milkmaid
- 50 Gms Butter + 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4th Cup Water + 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Ingredients For Chocolate Ganache
- 200 ml Amul Cream
- 250 gms Dark Chocolate
- 2-3 Tbsp Chocochips
- Some More Dark Chocolate (For Garnish)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Baking The Cake – Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a cake tin with butter paper and set aside.
- Measure out the maida and remove 3 tbsp out of it.
- After that add in the remaining dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Now combine the dry mix into the wet mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Allow cooling completely before removing from tin.
- Making the Chocolate Ganache – Heat the cream in a heavy bottom pan on light heat.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and mix well.
- The ganache will become smooth and silky.
- Allow this to cool completely and thicken.
- To Assemble – Cut the cake from the middle horizontally and place the first slice on the serving/display plate.
- Spread a generous layer of ganache on top of it and sprinkle choco chips.
- Place the second layer on top. Now cover the entire cake with ganache and smoothen it out from all sides.
- Garnish with some fresh strawberries and chocolate shavings or choco chips
- Allow the cake to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting. This will help the cake to set properly and all the flavours to come together.
- Cut individual portions and serve.