- 2-3 Rosa Bianca Eggplants (small-medium)
- 1-2 Baby Potatoes
- 1 Cup Rice
- 3 Cups Water
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Onions (medium)
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- Grated Coconut for Garnishing
- Fresh Coriander for Garnishing
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Chop the potatoes and eggplant and soak them in water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add in the cumin seeds and let them pop. Then add chopped onions and sauté well for 5 minutes. Then add the ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Strain water from the chopped potatoes and eggplant and add them to the pot. Sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a cup of rice and mix well. Then add turmeric, red chili powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Now add 3 cups of water, salt to taste and stir. Cover the pressure cooker and cook the Vaangi Bhaat for 3-4 whistles.
- Garnish with grated coconut and freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve Vaangi Bhaat with cold raita.