- Makes a 6-inch Cake
- For the Crust
- 2/3 Cup Digestive Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (softened)
- For the Filling
- 1.5 Cup Fresh Soft Paneer (crumbled or grated – mine is homemade)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cream (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Cornflour
- 1⁄3 Thick Yoghurt
- 1 Cup Hot Water (for water bath)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- To prepare the crust, combine butter, sugar and crushed biscuits well. Spread it over the base and sides of a greased 6 inches cake tin (preferably springform tin and if you don’t have one, line your tin with foil to easily remove the baked cake). Bake for 6-7 minutes till lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat a cup of water for the bath.
- For the filling, blend the paneer and cream in a mixer till smooth and creamy. Then add egg, sugar, cornflour and vanilla. Blend again but do not overmix.
- Slowly fold in the yoghurt till well combined.
- Strain the mixture through a large strainer and pour into the cooled crust.
- Place the tin in a larger tray or baking dish and carefully fill it with hot water up to 1-inch height.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or till the surface is set. Once baked, allow cooling in the oven slowly for 2-3 hours to prevent cracks and sinking.
- Top with fruit, cream, chocolate, fruit compote or anything you like.