- 1 Cup Soaked (Overnight For 6-7 Hours) And Boiled Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil for Garnish
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chili Powder or Paprika for Garnish
- 7-8 Boiled Chickpeas for Garnish (Optional)
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In an electrical blender, add chickpeas, sesame seeds, olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp of water.
- Blend this all together for 4-5 minutes till the mixture becomes a paste which you eventually call hummus.
- . If you think the mixture is less liquid and more in powder form, add more olive oil and water. Blend this again till you form a hummus-like paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl. Garnish with more olive oil, red chili powder or paprika, and boiled chickpeas (optional).
- Refrigerate this for 15-20 minutes before consumption. You can use this as a dip for nachos or breadsticks.
- You can also use this with falafels, shawarma or gyros. Serve at room temperature.
- This can be stored in the fridge for 3-6 months. Enjoy!