- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour/Maida
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Mashed Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts/ Choco Chips
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- In a bowl sift Wheat flour/Maida, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl whisk butter and sugar, until the mixture is fluffy and smooth.
- To this butter and sugar mixture, mix in the mashed banana.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients but do not over mix. Add in the milk.
- To it add in the walnuts/choco chips (completely optional). The batter will be thick.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Coat the baking tin with oil and transfer the batter into it.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes (it will vary, so please keep an eye).
- Here is a secret tip: Coat your walnuts/ Choco chips with a little flour before adding them into the batter. This will prevent them from sinking while baking. The other tip is to use overripe bananas since they will give the perfect flavour, sweetness and moistness to the bread cake. If you have raw bananas, then you can bake them in the oven at 200C for 15 minutes.