- For Marinated Chicken (24 hrs prior)
- 1kg Boneless Chicken
- 200 Gram Curd 2 Tablespoon Suhana Paneer/Chicken Makhanwala Mix
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- For Gravy – 2-3 Cloves
- 2-3 Cardamom
- 1/4 Inch Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 4-5 Cashew Nuts
- 5-6 Raisins
- 3-4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Finely Chopped Tomato (medium-sized)
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion (medium-sized)
- Butter, Ghee & Oil for Cooking
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- For the Masala – Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Add the whole spices and let them fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cashews and raisins and sauté.
- Now add minced garlic and onion and sauté till soft golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and sauté till soft.
- Turn off the gas, transfer the masala in a bowl and allow it to cool. Once cooled, pure it in a blender.
- For the chicken -Separate the chicken from the wet marinade (save the wet marinade to be used in the gravy)
- In a pan, heat adequate oil and add 3-4 pieces of marinated chicken. Cook on high flame.
- Turn the meat every 45 seconds to cook both sides. Once cooked, place it on a plate.
- For the gravy – In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoon ghee and 2 tablespoon butter. Add pureed fresh masala and sauté again till the oil separates.
- Add the curd marinade and stir gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the chicken, a little extra water and cook for 10 minutes on slow flame.