- 200 Gram Dark Chocolate (85% or higher)
- 100 Gram Butter (cubed)
- 100 ML Cream
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 4 Tablespoons truvia (sugar substitute)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- Butter an 8-inch cake tin.
- Break the chocolate into even pieces. Add the butter and microwave in short bursts till the chocolate is melted. You can do this over a double boiler too.
- Add the cream and the truvia. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Whisk the egg whites separately with a pinch of salt just until stiff peaks form (careful, do not overbeat).
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in thirds gently until no white streaks remain.
- Bake at 160c (325 f) for about 45 minutes or until the rest of the cake is set but the centre just jiggles.
- Bring to room temperature then chill for at least 4 hours before serving. This also freezes really well.
- Do not worry if the chocolate mix looks like it’s splitting when you add the cream, just continue to whisk it for a few more minutes and it will emulsify into this shiny, rich ganache.