- For the Stuffing
- 1 Cup Sattu (ground dry roast chana)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Tsp Ajwain (Carom Seeds)
- 1 Tsp Mangrail (Fennel Flower/Black Cumin)
- Salt to Taste
- 4 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Tbsp Pickle Spice (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Coriander Leaves
- For the Dough
- 4 Cups Wheat Flour
- 4 Tbsp Ghee
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- For the stuffing, grind garlic, ginger, pepper, chillies and coriander leaves into a paste.
- Add the same in the sattu. Then add ajwain, mangrail, salt, mustard our, lemon juice, pickle spice and salt. Mix thoroughly. Stuffing should form a lump if pressed between the palm.
- For the dough – add ghee in the wheat flour. Mix it well, knead by gradually adding water as and when required. The dough should be 80% as soft as that of roti.
- Make 6 to 7 dough balls.
- Stuff the dough with the mixture and make softballs.
- Heat oil in the pan and fry the futhairis on medium heat and till they are golden brown.
- Serve with raita, dal or chokha as per your liking (I prefer simple jeera raita).