- 3/4 Cup Jowar
- /4 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (if the bananas are very sweet, you can reduce this)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg (you can use apple sauce as the replacer)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter or Flavourless Oil
- 1 & 1/2 Ripe Bananas (mid-size and mashed)
- Chopped Almonds
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Beat egg and sugar well to make it fluffy. Add the mashed bananas and mix well. Add the butter/oil.
- Sift the flours with baking powder. Add this sifted flour and milk alternately. Mix thoroughly. Add chopped almonds.
- Transfer into a baking tin. Top with caramelized banana slices (slices cooked in 1 teaspoon ghee, 1 teaspoon liquid jaggery and a bit of water) and almonds.
- Bake at 170 degrees C for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven.