- 250 Gm Big & Long Green Chilies
- 200 gm Raw Turmeric
- 50 gm Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Big Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Roasted Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Black Big Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Amchur Powder
- 1.5 Salt or According to Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Asafetida
- 2-3 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 Tbsp or Juice of One Lemon
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Wash everything properly and dry under the sunlight. Peel turmeric and ginger and cut into long sized along with chillies and transfer into a dry cleaned bowl.
- Place a dry pan on gas and dry roast yellow mustard, black mustard seeds and salt and coarsely ground into a mixer. Mix it with cut ginger, turmeric and chillies. Cover with lid and keep them as it is for a day.
- Next day heat the mustard oil until the flames come out. Once the oil cools down add asafetida and other roasted and coarsely grounded spices like fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin, red chilli powder and amchur powder.
- Once it cools down add this spiced oil into ginger-turmeric-chillies mixture. Mix them all properly.
- Now add lemon juice mix and transfer into a dried cleaned glass jar.
- Keep stirring 2-3 days with a perfectly dried spoon. It will be ready to eat in 2-3 days.