- 1 Medium Brinjal
- 1 Large Onion (sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera
- 2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander (for garnish)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Roast the brinjal directly on the gas till its soft. Cool it and remove the skin. Mash it into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and the sliced onions and fry till slightly brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Add the tomatoes and the dry spices and cook the mixture till it leaves oil.
- Once the mix oozes oil, add the mashed brinjal and cook on high flame till it is mixed properly with the tomato mixture.
- Reduce the heat on the gas, cover it and leave for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, switch off the gas and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.