- 1 Cup Water
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Cinnamon Sugar
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- To Make churros – In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then add vanilla. Turn off heat and add flour and salt.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, 30 seconds. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes. To cooled mixture, using a hand mixer, beat in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides and heat. Holding the piping bag a few inches above the oil, carefully pipe churros into 6″ long ropes.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut off dough from piping bag.
- Fry until golden, 4 to 5 minutes, turning as necessary.
- Fry 3 to 4 churros at a time. Remove churros with a slotted spoon or tongs and immediately roll churros in cinnamon sugar, then place on a cooling rack.
- Serve hot with chocolate dip.