- 8-9 Large Tomatoes, Finely Chopped
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 10-12 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1.5 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1.5 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1-2 Dried Red Chilli (Optional)
- 1 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt and Freshly Grounded Black Pepper, To Taste
Prep: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Add olive oil and garlic cloves in a pan. Put the pan on low flame. Keep stirring for 3-4 mins.
- Add dried red chilli, tomatoes, salt and black pepper and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add chilli flakes, oregano, 6-8 basil leaves and mix. Cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add ketchup, sugar and vinegar and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Adjust for salt, pepper and stir in fresh basil leaves. You can use it immediately as pizza sauce or pasta sauce or let it cool down and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.