- 250 gms Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 4-5 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Capsicum (For the Sauce)
- Black Pepper (For Seasoning)
- Oregano (For Seasoning)
- Thyme (For Seasoning)
- Rosemary (For Seasoning)
- Capsicum (For Toppings)
- Tomatoes (For Toppings)
- Mushrooms (For Toppings)
- Corn (For Toppings)
- Onions (For Toppings)
- Cheese (Any Type Or Preferably A Blend For Melty Cheese Texture)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- For the pizza base – Dissolve 1 tbsp sugar in 1 cup of hot water, add yeast and mix it well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add flour, salt, 1 tbsp oil and yeast mixture. Knead dough, cover and let it sit for about an hour for the dough to rise.
- Divide dough into two parts and make pizza bases using a rolling pin or use your hands to spread the base.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 180 C.
- For the sauce – Bake tomatoes, capsicum, a small onion for about 20 minutes at 180 C or roast them on a gas stove for the same time.
- After it cools down, grind it in a blender to make the tomato sauce.
- Next, heat oil in a pan and add tomato sauce, season with all the herbs, black pepper and 1 tbsp sugar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Add about a half cup of water and let it simmer until sauce-like consistency.
- To assemble – Assemble it the way you like. I like to start with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Then some cheese on top followed by loads of vegetable toppings. Add some capsicum, cherry tomatoes, corn for the pop of colour on your pizza.
- Finish it with a pinch of salt and pepper.