- 1 Large Potato, Peeled and Sliced (1/2 Cm Thick)
- 1 Cup-Soaked Tofu Sheets or Tofu Cubes Whatever Available
- 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Stems Chopped + 1 Tbsp Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Garlic Cloves Chopped + 3 – 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Dark Soy (Lee Kum Kee)
- 1/2 Tsp Rice Vinegar (Double Pagoda)
- 1 Tbsp Spiced Chilli Oil Homemade
- 2 Cups Sponge Gourd Cut Into 1″ Thick Rounds
- 1 Tbsp Spring Onion + 1 Tbsp Greens for Garnish
- A handful of Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Bayleaf
- 2 Star Anise
- 1 Ltr Water or Stock
- Salt as Per Taste
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In a large pot heat water or stock. Add all the garlic, bay leaf, star anise, ginger, soy, vinegar, chilli oil, coriander stems, spring onions, pepper powder and salt.
- Once the water boils, simmer it for two minutes and add in the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are almost done, add in the tofu, broccoli and sponge gourd.
- When the broccoli is almost cooked add in the spinach. Let it cook for 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- Add in the sesame oil and mix well. Serve this hot pot immediately in a bowl.
- Garnish it with coriander and spring onion greens.
- Note- you can add bockchoy, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, paneer, meat as well. Any vegetables of your choice work.