- 1 Cup Rava
- 1/3 Cup Curd (Amul)
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1 Tsp Udad Dal
- 1 Tsp Rai (Mustard Seeds)
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Small Piece of Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies
- 3 Small Finely Chopped Capsicum
- Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- Salt as Per Taste (Tata)
- 1/2 Tbsp Eno Soda (Eno)
- 2 Tbsp Oil (Saffola)
- 4 Cups Water
Prep: 20 minutes
Refrigeration: 15 minutes
- Add Rava and curd in a bowl. Mix it well. Let it sit for 10 mins. Take a pan. Add oil.
- Slow the flame and add chana dal. Once it turns pink, add udad dal.
- Add rai and curry leaves. Let it sauté. Add onion, ginger chilli paste. Once the onion turns pink, add capsicum.
- Add a pinch of hing. Mix it well. Turn off the gas after 3-4 mins. Let it cool.
- Once cool, only then add rava and curd mixture to it. Mix well.
- Add 4 tbsp water. Add salt as per taste.
- Take a long vessel and add 4 cups water to it. Keep strainer (charni) on top of the vessel.
- Take 5 small steel plates and rub the oil in it using a brush.
- Add eno soda to the mixture. Mix it well. Add mixture to the small steel plates.
- Set the plates in the strainer. Cover it with a lid.
- Let it sit for 10 mins. Turn the gas off after 10 mins.
- Let it cool and take it out with a knife slowly.