- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Beaten)
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Brown Rice (Washed 3 Times and Semi Cooked)
- 1-1/4 Cup Chickpeas (Soaked and Rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp Pomegranate
- 4 Sprigs Dill
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Mint / Dried Mint
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tsp Corn Starch
- 200 ml Water
- Salt & Pepper as Needed
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- In a pan melt butter, add garlic, mint and onion.
- Sautee for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Remove in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a bowl add 1/4th cup yogurt and add corn starch and add it to rest of the yogurt.
- In another pan add yogurt mixture, brown rice and chick peas.
- Add water and keep on stirring until water reduces. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Add cilantro and chopped dill and mix it well.
- Let it simmer until it bubbles on low heat.
- Transfer soup into the bowl and top it up with sautéed garlic, onion, mint.
- Add Pomegranate seeds as garnish.