- 2 Cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- Oil (for deep frying)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup grated jaggery and 1/2 cup water in a vessel and cook it on medium flame until jaggery dissolves. Turn off the gas and keep aside.
- Next, heat ghee and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, cardamom powder, hot ghee and mix well.
- Now add the jaggery syrup at frequent intervals and knead a soft dough. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Take a lump of dough and shape it into a thick chapati.
- Cut it into a diamond shape.
- Now deep fry the pieces in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve them with tea or just munch on them as a snack.