- For Pistachio Dough
- 3/4 Cup Pistachios/Pista (powdered)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (powdered)
- 3 Drops of Green Food Colour (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Milk Powder
- 3 Tbsp Water (or as required to prepare the dough)
- For Kaju Dough
- 1 Cup Cashews (powdered)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/8 Tsp Cardamom Powder (elaichi powder)
- 1 Tsp Ghee or Clarified Butter
- Silver Vark (optional)
- Saffron (optional)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- For the pistachio dough – Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take pistachios powder and powdered sugar. Next, add green food colour and mix well. Now add water little by little and knead. Lastly, add milk powder and knead to a non-sticky dough.
- For the sugar syrup – Boil sugar and water. Stir the sugar syrup till it forms 1-string consistency.
- For the kaju dough – Firstly, add cashew powder to the sugar syrup and give it a good mix. Then add cardamom powder and a tsp of ghee. Continue mixing till the dough is formed leaving the pan. Next, transfer the cashew dough on to the butter paper. Grease your hand with little ghee and knead for 30 seconds. Finally, roll the dough lightly thick.
- For the kaju pista roll – Firstly, cut the rolled cashew dough to half. Take the prepared pistachios dough and roll into a long cylinder. Then slowly start to wrap the cashew sheet and roll enclosing the pistachio roll. Next, slowly roll to make the kaju pista roll smooth and in a uniform cylinder. Finally cut the roll 2 inches long and serve.