- 750 Gms Kathal (Jackfruit)
- 1 Tbsp Deghi Mirch
- 1/2 Tsp Amchor Powder – As Per Taste
- 2 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 10 Garlic Cloves (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Inch Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Tomato (Finely Chopped)
- Oil (For Frying, Cooking)
- Fresh Chopped Coriander
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- In a frying pan heat the oil and fry kathal pieces to golden brown colour and take them out on a tissue paper or newspaper to remove excess oil.
- Now after frying all the pieces of kathal remove excess oil leaving 2 spoons of oil in the pan, add onion, ginger and garlic and sauté them until they start browning. Now make a pit in the centre of the pan lower the flame and add deghi mirch powder, mix well and add 1/4 glass of water instantly to avoid burning of your mirch.
- Now add salt and tomatoes along with fried kathal pieces, mix well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 10 mins. Check at regular intervals and add little water at times when needed. When you feel the kathal is cooked perfectly add amchor powder and mix it well. Let this take 1-2 mins on the low flame. Turn off the burner and serve this with fresh coriander.