- 1 Lb Beef Cubes (I’ve used stewing meat)
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1 Onion (medium and sliced)
- 1 Tsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3-4 Sprigs Curry Leaves
- 4-5 Tbsp of Grated Coconut Or 1/4 Cup Coconut Bits
- Salt to Taste
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Add the beef to a pressure cooker along with the black pepper, salt and a little water. Close and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a wok and add half of the curry leaves, mustard seeds, green chillies and onions.
- Fry till the onions turn translucent and then add garlic-ginger paste.
- Once the onions have turned golden, turn to medium heat and add the red chillies, coriander, turmeric and garam masala.
- Mix well and then add the cooked beef cubes along with the stock.
- If the water is a lot, add just a little to mix the spices well with the beef. Add salt and let the gravy dry out.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil and add the remaining curry leaves and coconut.
- Fry till the coconut is brown and then add it to the beef. Mix well and serve hot with roti, rice or parottas.