- 1 Cup Fine Semolina/Rava
- 1 Cup Mango Pulp (thick)
- 3/4 / 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil (any flavorless oil)
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- In a bowl, mix fine rava, powdered sugar, cardamom powder and baking powder well. Add oil to the above and mix well.
- Now add mango pulp and mix well. Let it sit for 15 minutes then pour it in a greased tray and garnish with thinly sliced almonds and pistachios.
- Take a pressure cooker (preferably an old cooker), place a perforated plate/or any stand at the bottom of the pressure cooker (I placed 2 perforated plates at the bottom to give height).
- Heat the cooker on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then reduce the heat to low and place the baking tray inside the cooker on the stand/perforated plate carefully with a tong (as the cooker will be very hot).
- Cover the cooker with its lid. Do not use a gasket or weight. Keep it on low heat and let the cake bake. It will take 30-35 minutes for the cake to bake but keep an eye after 20 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. Then cut slices and enjoy!