- 1 Big Bowl Methi (cleaned, washed and cut)
- 4 Tablespoons Oil
- 2 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 2 Onions (pureed)
- 1 Bowl Peas (if frozen, don’t boil)
- 3 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic and Green Chillies Paste
- 4 Tablespoons Malai (I used Amul cream)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the methi for 5 minutes so all the bitterness goes away. Then, remove in a bowl.
- Heat some oil in the same pan and add the onion paste and salt. Fry for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add ginger garlic and green chillies paste and fry for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add tomato puree and stir till it leaves oil.
- Add the peas and cook in the paste for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add the methi and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the malai and cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Switch off the gas and serve.
- If not using frozen peas then boil the peas and put after the methi as it will break if stirred too much.