- 1 Kg Small Potatoes (Thoroughly Washed, Skin On)
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Tbsp Dhaniya Seeds
- 1/2 Inch Cinnamon
- 1 Big Elaichi
- 4-5 Small Elaichi
- 6-8 Cloves
- 1 Flower Mace
- 1-2 Dry Chilies (As Per Taste)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt To Taste
- 3/4th Cup Mint Leaves
- 2 Tsp Haldi Powder
- Oil For Cooking
Prep: 20 minute
Cooking: 40 minutes
- Dry roast the spices, let them cool, blend along with mint leaves, haldi, salt, add a little water to make into a fine paste.
- Pierce the potatoes well, and soak them in salted water for 20 mins.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil.
- Add the strained potatoes, mix till they are covered in oil, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the spice paste, mix thoroughly, cover and cook for another 30 mins or till the potatoes are done.
- One cooked, increase the flame to the highest mark, cook the potatoes for another 5 mins, stirring 2-3 times, you will see that the potatoes start turning red. Turn off heat. And it is ready to eat.