- 1+ 1/4 Cup Yellow Lentils (Moong dal)
- 3 Tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)- I Used Homemade Ghee
- 1 Cup Milk Powder (Chitale Milk Powder)
- 2 Cups Full Fat Milk (Gokul Milk)
- 1 Cup Sugar (I Used Brown Sugar)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 12-15 In Quantity of Mixed Dry fruits /Nuts
- 1 – 2 Drops of Orange Food Colour Or 3 – 4 Strands of Saffron (Optional)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Take 1 and 1/4th cups of yellow lentils, two tbsps. clarified butter (ghee), and roast the yellow lentils in the clarified butter, till golden brown. Let it cool.
- Now grind it to a very fine powder in a dry grinder. Now take this powdered mixture in a thick bottomed pan, add one cup of milk powder.
- After it is mixed well with the lentil powder, add 2 cups of full-fat milk. Keep stirring this mixture for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now add one more tbsp of clarified butter. Add one cup of sugar, half a teaspoon of cardamom powder, chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios and cashews) and a little orange food colour or if you have saffron, add that instead.
- Keep stirring, till the mixture becomes thick. Now spread this mixture on a greased tray, and garnish with almond slivers. Cut into desired shape after cooling.