- 750 gms Rohu Fish
- 1 Cup Onion Paste
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree
- 2 Tsp Yellow Mustard Paste
- 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 – 5 Green Chili
- 1.5 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tsp Fish Curry Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Cup Mustard Oil
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Clean the fish nicely and marinate it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and set aside for 5 mins.
- Take a Kadhai and add 1 cup mustard oil and heat it on medium flame. Start frying the pieces being very careful as fish splutter a lot. Fry both sides till it turns golden brown. Fry all the pieces and set aside.
- In the same pan, put black mustard seeds and add onion paste into it, sauté it nicely till the raw smell of onion goes out, then add ginger garlic paste and green chillies into it.
- Now add tomato puree into it and mix. When oil separates from mixture add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp red chilli, 1tsp garam masala, 2tsp fish curry masala, mix everything properly for 2-3 mins.
- Add yellow mustard seeds paste into the pan and sauté it for 1min and after that add 1.5 glass of hot water into it.
- When it starts boiling add fried fish pieces into it and let them cook for another 10 min on a medium flame.
- After 10 min it’s ready, switch off the flame and serve it hot with rice or Chapatti.
- Tips to remember – Always use mustard oil for making this recipe as it enhances the taste.
- Don’t change the pan for making curry, use the same pan and same oil as these both have flavours of fish intact in them which will give extra flavours and aroma to your fish curry.
- Salt and red chilli can be altered as per taste.